Safe Electric's overall function is the regulation of the activities of electrical contractors with respect to safety and the requirements of the Criteria Document as set up by the Commission of Energy Regulation (Commission).
Safe Electric's core activities are:
- Processing of applications and registration of electrical contractors, and publication of the register
- Monitoring, Inspection and Audit of electrical contractors
- Investigation of complaints received and the disciplining of electrical contractors registered with Safe Electric;
- Inspection of works of Third Parties;
- Management of the distribution, sale, recording, control and the validation of Certificates;
- Public and industry awareness activities;
- Interaction and co-ordination of activities with other Bodies and such other agencies, bodies, committees and Government Departments as the Commission may direct from time to time;
- Maintaining records of, and reporting on, the activities of Safe Electric;
- The operation, and use, of the Brand in accordance with the requirements specified by the Commission.